Friday 1 February 2008

Task one- week2, 'Navigation'

I found navigating around this forum difficult at first. I suppose it is because it was something I wasn't used to. Also, because i associate going online and having conversations with friends as something that I relate back to my leisurely activity.
I believe that it is something that takes a lot of getting used to, and online seminars is a way in which we can communicate to each other without feeling uncomfortable or having enough time to do so. Livingstone's point in lecture 2 is valid and I believe we would talk about more online than what we would do in a seminar.

However, I would also argue that it is in fact not easier. We do not have the time to actually communicate with tutors, which could effect our way of thinking. Also, it may be easy to become lazy when doing an online seminar, atleast in seminars you are forced into speaking by tutors!

I think to do an online seminar, you need to have the type of media experience to do it properly. Issues such as typing and being able to navigate around the forum becomes a major issue and without having prior knowledge, you may become confused.

No comments: